Quiz of events from 2021
Back by popular demand and following on from my 2020 trivia quiz, here are another 12 topical trivia questions from events in 2021. Twelve brand new questions in this interactive version of the quiz I've used in network meetings this year. You can play by yourself or with your friends/colleagues. Answers revealed at the end.
A quick interlude in your next Zoom/Teams meeting perhaps?
If you like this, try my other interactive quizes.
Quiz: Events in 2021 Quiz
Question: Brian Pinker made history in January, what did he do?
- He fell into the fountain in Trafalgar Square at midnight
- He won the PDC World Darts Championship
- He received the first dose of the Oxford Astra Zenica vaccine
Question: In February 2021, Frank Rothwell became the oldest man to do what?
- His clothes were shown in the National Gallery as part of London Fashion Week 2021
- Row the Atlantic solo
- His car was blown away in Kent during storm Darcy
Question: Who was interviewed by Oprah Winfrey with the programme shown on ITV on 12 March 2021?
- Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
- Duke and Duchess of Kent
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex
Question: In April, it was Colin v Cuthbert. Who/what were they?
- Pets owned by Elton John & Rod Stewart
Question: In May, Alisson Becker did something unusual on the football pitch, what was it?
- He wore his t-shirt on back to front without noticing
- He played in a tutu for Breast Cancer Week
- He scored a goal with a header
Question: The G7 took place in which English county?
Question: What did Jeff Bezos do in July?
- He married his new girlfriend, Lauren Sanchez
- He went into space in Blue Origin
- He went undercover and worked in an Amazon warehouse for a day
Question: In August, faulty bascules affected a famous London landmark, which one was it?
- Tower Bridge
- The Tower of London
- The Palace of Westminster
Question: Sarah Harding who died in September, was a singer in which pop group?
- The Bangles
- Girls Aloud
- The Spice Girls
Question: What did Andy Murray lose when preparing for the Indian Wells, California, tennis tournament?
- His wedding ring
- His car
- His entry pass to the tournament grounds
Question: Rory Cellan-Jones, a former BBC Tech correspondent, has a pet called Cabbage, which was stolen in November. What is Cabbage?
- A pet tortoise
- A pet cat
- A pet dog
Question: The inventor of MTV died in December, who was he?
- Stephen Sondheim
- Virgil Abloh
- Mike Nesmith